Students receive recognition at THS’s annual National Honors Society Induction

On Thursday March 1st, 2018 the Terryville High School chapter of the National Honor Society inducted 21 new members. The vice principal, Mr. Vigliotti, gave words of encouragement to the new inductees before each of the NHS officers gave speeches detailing the four pillars of National Honor Society.

Following the speeches, NHS president Maria Cesare and vice president Mikaela Corsi announced and presented each inductee with their certificate, pin, and a carnation. Senior member Alison Kulesa then lead the new members through the NHS pledge to complete the induction.

New and current members and their families congregated afterwards for refreshments and of course pictures. All were excited for the new opportunities ahead of them.

New inductee Kristine Gutierrez expressed her enthusiasm by saying, “I’m really excited for future projects that we are going to do! And it was a bit scary because I had never experienced anything like that but it’s cool because I had all my friends by my side so it made me a bit more confident when thinking about the future! … and the muffins were a1” 

Vice President Mikaela Corsi also commented on the results of the induction, “It was an honor to induct the junior NHS members on March 1st. I know each and every new member will be a valuable asset to the National Honors Society, helping it grow and prosper. I cannot wait to see all that we will accomplish in the upcoming months with the increase in participation and innovation. I have no doubt that this new generation will carry on the legacy of the National Honors Society and continue to yield an immense impact in our community in the future.” 

The NHS advisor, Mrs. Zanauskas also had inspiring words to offer,  “I’m excited to work with the new inductees and see what they have to offer.”

Written by Maria Cesare

Skip to toolbar